I was looking for a few sides to go with our tacos the other night. I came across this easy way to make a jazzed-up can of refried beans. The creamy cheese and crunchy jalapeno and onion really kick that ole blah flavor up a few notches.
Grab a bowl of Fiesta corn with these easy jazzed-up refried beans and you have the perfect sides for taco night. We use La Preferida refried beans whenever we’re serving canned beans. They have great flavor, but even the best canned beans need a bit of help. No one has to know that your beans came from a can.
Easy Jazzed-Up Refried Beans
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large jalapenos diced
- 1/2 medium white onion diced
- 2 cans refried beans
- 1 cup sharp cheddar shredded
- Heat oil in a medium pan over medium-high heat.
- Add jalapenos and onion and saute until just starting to get tender.
- Add beans. Stir well to combine. Heat until warmed through.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cheese.
Nutritional values are approximate.