Happy St. Patrick’s Day! It’s a great day to enjoy a big ole cold Shamrock shake. And a few Irish stouts. But that’s later. For now let’s concentrate on this shake. This killer concoction puts the rest to shame. Of course it’s green. And of course it’s big time minty. That’s all you need.
This Shamrock shake is even yummier when served out of a vintage soda glass. I found this 1950s one in the Exit 76 antique mall and just had to get it. It’s very heavy and tall, perfect for a shake or a soda.
Also try my tropical papaya strawberry smoothie.
Happy St. Patrick’s Day! It’s a great day to enjoy a big ole cold Shamrock shake. And a few Irish stouts. But that’s later. For now let’s concentrate on this shake.
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream softened
- 1 ½ cups milk
- ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 8 drops green food coloring
- pinch green sprinkles
- 2 tablespoons Whipped cream
- Place the ice cream, milk, peppermint extract, and food coloring into a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a large soda glass (frosted is better!). Top with whipped cream and sprinkles.
Calories: 534kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 109mg | Sodium: 237mg | Potassium: 643mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 52g | Vitamin A: 1161IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 465mg | Iron: 1mg
Nutritional values are approximate.