Never in my life have I needed an excuse to make corned beef. Whenever it goes on sale I am the first to load up my grocery cart. Yep, load up. Stack them high, I say. One of my favorite ways to prepare them is this slow cooker corned beef. Nothing fancy, nothing difficult, but awfully tasty, juicy and tender. Perfect for whatever I plan on using it in (most likely, Reuben sandwiches!).
It’s pretty easy to make minor changes to this recipe and end up with a totally different dish. Spicy chili sauce will add a nice kick. Cherry cola instead of ‘normal’ soda will add a nice twist. I highly recommend using my homemade onion soup mix. I think it’s much better than that stuff in a pouch.
Also try my spicy version of slow cooked corned beef.
Slow Cooker Corned Beef
- 2-3 pound corned beef brisket
- 12 ounce chili sauce
- 1 ounce onion soup mix or use my homemade mix
- 12 ounce cola
- Remove corned beef from packaging. Rinse and pat dry. Reserve the spicy packet (try my pickling spice chicken wings!).
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over the corned beef.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until tender.
- Slice and serve.
Nutritional values are approximate.