This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
I’ve done that corned beef and cabbage thing. Loved it. I’ve done the corned beef sliders thing. Definitely loved it. There’s nothing wrong with tradition, but it’s time for something new. Time for slow cooker spicy corned beef. Oh yes. Tender, sliced, and the best part, topped with a simple glaze that doesn’t remind you of the usual corned beef ‘thing’. You can tell that just by looking at the list of ingredients! Oranges and corned beef? Yes. Cloves, you bet! And lots and lots of other great things that end up packing the corned beef with crazy good flavor. This isn’t a boring dish by any stretch of the imagination.
I sliced this slow cooker spicy corned beef thinly and served it on rye bread with just a bit more of the glaze drizzled over the top. Piled high. Big time high. That’s it. That’s all it needed. No kraut, Swiss cheese, or anything else. Yeah, you can add those things. But, wow the glaze is so good I just wanted to enjoy it and the crazy delicious corned beef. At most I’d add a slice or two of cheese and put the sandwich under the broiler for a few seconds to get it hot and melted.
Also try my non-spicy version.
Slow Cooker Spicy Corned Beef
For the corned beef
For the corned beef
- Place all of the corned beef ingredients into a slow cooker.
- Cook for 8 hours until tender, but not falling apart.
- Remove the beef from the slow cooker and let cool slightly.
- Wrap tightly in foil and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Unwrap the beef and place in a 9″ x 13″ baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Combine the glaze ingredients and pour over the top of the corned beef.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove and slice. Drizzle with any glaze left in the baking dish or double the glaze and warm the remaining before pouring over the beef.
Nutritional values are approximate.