I’m usually a crispy-hash-browns kind of guy. I like the potatoes to get that nice little crust on them. And don’t tell anyone this, I like to put butter on them instead of ketchup. Well, this time I decided to go another route with frozen cubed hash brown potatoes. These slow cooker creamy hash brown potatoes are rich and tasty. They are the perfect breakfast side, whether breakfast is in the morning or for dinner. I’m a big fan of breakfast for dinner. I feel like I’m cheating when I have breakfast for dinner. Like I’m being bad and not getting caught.
For a little kick to your slow cooker creamy hash brown potatoes add diced roasted jalapenos, or use a pepper jack cheese instead of the Colby jack. You can also substitute cayenne pepper for the paprika. It’ll still add the (needed) color and a little spiciness.
This recipe was inspired by a recipe from Spicy Southern Kitchen.
Slow Cooker Creamy Hash Brown Potatoes
- Spray your slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- Place potatoes into slow cooker. Combine the soup, cheese, sour cream, salt, pepper and paprika. Pour over the potatoes.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours, stirring a few times.
- Stir in the cream cheese. Add butter or milk and stir if the mixture is too thick.
- Cover and continue cooking another 30 minutes.
Nutritional values are approximate.