Tender and tasty. Nice and savory. Slow cooker garlic Parmesan potatoes not only make for a great side they also smell fantastic while they cook. I used baby red potatoes but for more butter flavor, use Yukon golds instead. Or fingerlings. Or do a mix. Just make sure your potatoes are all roughly the same size so that they cook evenly. As simple as this dish is to make, the end results are super-tasty and the perfect side!
As much as I do enjoy savory side dishes, I admit I might have added a few healthy-sized pinches of dried red pepper flake to the cooked garlic Parmesan potatoes just before I took them out of the slow cooker. I liked the combination of herby potatoes with a nice kick to boot. Of course that’s optional. If you want a bit of heat, you can also just add a few good pinches of cayenne pepper when you add the other seasonings.
These potatoes are just as good leftover (if there are any leftovers) as the day you make them. Just re-heat in the oven or in hot skillet with a splash of oil.
Also try my slow cooker garlic Ranch potatoes.
Slow Cooker Garlic Parmesan Potatoes
- 3 pounds potatoes small, halved (or use fingerlings)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried dill
- Kosher salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup Parmesan freshly grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped, for garnish (optional)
- Spray the inside of your slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- Add all ingredients except the Parmesan and parsley. Stir gently to coat.
- Cover and cook on low 4-5 hours or until the potatoes are cooked through.
- Serve sprinkled with the Parmesan and garnished with the parsley, if using.
Nutritional values are approximate.