Melt-in-your-mouth delicious. The absolutely perfect, easy dish for a cold winter day. The sauce is not too thick, not too thin, with a little sweet and a little heat. The beef is incredibly tender. This slow cooker Mongolian beef was a big hit here, and is definitely going to end up on our dinner menu on a very regular basis.
I added a bit of dried red pepper flake to offset the sweetness of the brown sugar and carrots in this slow cooker Mongolian beef. You can leave it out, of course, or substitute your favorite hot pepper, chopped. The dish is going to be great either way, that’s for sure!
Also try my slow cooker Fiesta meatballs and my slow cooker Teriyaki chicken.
Slow Cooker Mongolian Beef
Melt-in-your-mouth delicious. The absolutely perfect, easy dish for a cold winter day. The sauce is not too thick, not too thin, with a little sweet and a little heat. The beef is incredibly tender.
Servings 6 servings
- 1 ½ pounds chuck steak
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- ¾ cup soy sauce
- ¾ cup water
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup carrots grated
- dried red pepper flake I used about 1 teaspoon
- rice cooked, for serving
- green onions chopped, for garnish
- Place the chuck in the freezer for 15-30 minutes. This will make it easier to slice.
- Slice beef thin and place into a resealable bag.
- Add the cornstarch and seal. Shake to coat.
- Add oil, garlic, soy sauce, water, brown sugar, carrots and red pepper flake to taste to a slow cooker set to low. Stir.
- Add the coated meat and stir.
- Add lid and cook for 6 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over cooked rice garnished with green onion.
Calories: 401kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 77mg | Sodium: 1763mg | Potassium: 557mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 28g | Vitamin A: 3591IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 55mg | Iron: 3mg
Nutritional values are approximate.