Flavored saltines are a favorite snack in our house. They are so easy to make. They are great for travel snacks. You can make them in pretty much any flavor you can think of. From Buffalo wing-flavored, to spicy Fire-Eater saltines, to these smoky ranch saltines, you can’t go wrong with them.
If you’re not gentle when tossing the saltines they will crumble and not get fully covered in the flavoring. If you double or triple this recipe make each sleeve of crackers in it’s own bag or you’ll have trouble getting the smoky Ranch seasoning to coat each individual saltine.
Also try my Buffalo wing, Fire-eater and lime pepper saltines.
Smoky Ranch Saltines
Flavored saltines are a favorite snack in our house. They are so easy to make. They are great for travel snacks. You can make them in pretty much any flavor you can think of.
Servings 30 or so crackers
For the Saltines
- 1 sleeve Saltine crackers
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1-2 tablespoons Smoky Ranch seasoning from below
For the Smoky Ranch seasoning (makes approx 7 tablespoons)
- 2 packets Ranch dressing mix
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
For the Saltines
- Place crackers in a large resealable bag or container.
- Pour in the oil.
- Sprinkle with the seasoning.
- Seal and gently toss to coat.
- Let sit (on the counter) for 12 hours to get ‘happy’, tossing gently every once-in-a-while.
For the Smoky Ranch seasoning
- Combine all ingredients.
Calories: 22kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 83mg | Potassium: 7mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 115IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 1mg | Iron: 1mg
Nutritional values are approximate.