Mayonnaise on a hot dog can be a beautiful thing. Though, I can honestly say that it’s not anything I had growing up. I was a ketchup-on-a-hot-dog kid. I didn’t like the tang of mustard.
Times have changed, and I’ll put just about anything on a hot dog. Including mayonnaise. These southwestern hot dogs are awesome. If you don’t have (or want to make) fresh pico de gallo, use jarred or substitute salsa instead.
Also try my simple but great spiraled hot dogs.
Southwestern Hot Dog
- 2 hot dogs
- 2 hot dog buns
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sharp cheddar shredded
- 2-3 tablespoons pico de gallo or salsa
- 2-3 tablespoons sour cream
- Pickled jalapeno slices optional
- Grill dogs and toast the buns.
- Spread the mayonnaise on the buns.
- Top with the dogs. Then add the remaining ingredients.
Nutritional values are approximate.