Sometimes you just come across a recipe that really hits you as something you absolutely must make immediately. This spiralized Churchill Downs butterbean and radish salad was just that for me. I had to make it immediately. But I had to change it up a bit and spiralize the radishes because, well, I love spiral radishes. A little crunch and a hint of citrus and you have a great tasty salad.
This spiralized Churchill Downs butterbean (er, lima bean) and radish salad also travels really well. It’s the perfect salad for a pitch-in, and it’s something different. I bet you haven’t seen too many butterbean salads. I haven’t seen any that’s for sure. Maybe it’s the pitch-ins I go to…. People will definitely perk up when they see a big ole bowl of this salad, that’s for sure.
I used to live in Lima, Peru. Which isn’t how we pronounce lima beans. I’ve always found that to be sooooo confusing. I mean, there’s Lima, Ohio, right? Why isn’t it pronounced like Lima, Peru? Lima beans came from Peru. Who’s in charge of fixing this?
Try my spiralized potato salad with green goddess dressing and my easy spiral zucchini salad too!
Spiralized Churchill Downs Butterbean and Radish Salad
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Add the beans and blanch for 3 minutes.
- Transfer beans to an ice bath and let cool for 5 minutes. Drain well.
- In a large mixing bowl mix the beans and radishes.
- Add oil, lemon juice and cumin.
- Combine until well mixed.
- Add parsley and cilantro.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Nutritional values are approximate.