I don’t think either one of us expected it. We didn’t know that we’d love this spiralized potato salad with Green Goddess dressing as much as we did. Honestly, it’s been so long since I had Green Goddess salad dressing that I only vaguely recalled what it tasted like. I also wasn’t so sure about sweet potatoes in a potato salad. It’s not something I had considered before.
Well now I’m in love with both the Green Goddess dressing and the spiralized sweet potatoes and everything else in this wonderful salad. Slightly crunchy, it has a great freshness to it. It’s also amazingly easy to make and is a different winner for picnics or family get-togethers.
I like to make a cut down the sides of my potatoes before cutting them into spirals. Otherwise I end up some one really, really long pieces of potato. If you’re making this spiralized potato salad for an outing, wait until you get to your destination before adding the dressing and garnish. My spiral Churchill Downs butterbean and radish salad is awesome too. Give it a try!
Spiralized Potato Salad with Green Goddess Dressing
- 2 medium sweet potatoes peeled
- 1 medium russet potato peeled
- 2 tablespoons water
- dash kosher salt
- Green Goddess Dressing make your own or just buy Kraft’s Green Goddess
- green onion chopped, for garnish
- parsley chopped, for garnish
- Spiralize the potatoes and transfer to a microwave-safe bowl.
- Add the water and a dash of salt. Toss to coat then microwave on high 4-5 minutes or until the potatoes just start to soften. You want them to still have a bit of a crunch.
- Remove the bowl and let cool.
- Add in the dressing and toss to coat.
- Serve garnished with green onion and parsley.
Nutritional values are approximate.