Simple yet delicious. You don’t always have to struggle to come up with a grill-able side dish idea, and you definitely don’t have to spend hours or even many minutes putting one together. Grilled yellow squash actually made me love squash, and let me tell you, that’s not an easy thing to do. The key for me was the onions. And that means Vidallia onions when I can get them. Always.
I also like adding my favorite seasonings to the foil packet instead of ‘just’ salt and pepper. One we truly enjoy is the Casa Seasoning from Albukirky Seasonings. It’s the perfect blend of salt, pepper, garlic and lemon, among other things.
Also try my grilled marinated medley, everything great in a single dish.
Grilled Yellow Squash
- 6 medium yellow squash sliced
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 medium sweet onion sliced thin
- kosher salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Fire up your grill for indirect cooking at 350 F. Alternatively, you can make this in an oven preheated to 350 instead.
- Place all ingredients on a large piece of aluminum foil. Seal tightly.
- Transfer to the grill or oven and cook 20-25 minutes or until crisp-tender.
Nutritional values are approximate.