This summer corn salad is why there’s summer. This salad defines summer. I’ll be dreaming about it this winter on a cold, grey, snowy day, that’s for sure. The key, of course, is using great sweet corn. We have no shortage of great sweet corn in Indiana, thankfully. The better the corn, the better this salad is.
You can’t find an easier fresh side dish than this summer corn salad.It has great crunch. A bit of sweetness. A bit of kick from the onion and vinegar. All rounded out perfectly with creamy delicious avocado.
You can use corn kernels if you have to, instead of cooking fresh corn-on-the-cob. I prefer to roast my corn on my Big Easy or on the grill just to give it that extra perfect flavor.
Also try my delicious Georgia caviar.
Summer Corn Salad
For the salad
- 6 ears sweet corn shucked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper diced
- 1 avocado seeded, peeled, chopped
For the dressing
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 lime juiced
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- Roast the corn on a grill or in an oven until done and lightly charred. Alternatively, boil corn in water for 4 minutes and drain. Allow to cool then cut kernels from the cobs.
- Place corn into a bowl. Add remaining salad ingredients.
- Whisk dressing ingredients together and stir into the corn mixture.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
Nutritional values are approximate.