I am addicted to tater tots. I can live without fries or baked potatoes and even potato chips, but you cannot take away my tots. Most people like them with ketchup, but not me. I bake them up extra crispy and top them with butter. Yes, butter. Try it. And try this tater tot casserole.
It’s my love of tots that made me try this tater tot casserole, and I was actually happy I did. At first glance I worried that it would be bland (let’s face it, cream of mushroom soup isn’t really packed with flavor sensations), so I made a few changes to the original recipe. We both enjoyed it. It’s easy to make and makes good leftovers (if you have any).
Also try my southwestern potato casserole.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 medium onion minced
- 1 10 3/4 ounce condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 – 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning
- 1 cup frozen vegetables mixed or whatever is your favorite
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 pound tater tots frozen
- Jalapeno slices to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Spray a 2 quart baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef and brown.
- Add in the onion and cook 4-5 minutes or until starting to soften. Drain. Spoon into the baking dish.
- Mix the soup, milk and Creole seasoning together in a small bowl. Pour over the meat mixture.
- Spread the vegetables over the top.
- Sprinkle with the cheese and then add a layer of tater tots.
- Top with jalapeno slices.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the potatoes are golden brown and the casserole is bubbling.
Nutritional values are approximate.