Ahhhhhhh. This tropical papaya strawberry smoothie made me dream of warmer days here in Indiana. But, you can enjoy a nice fruit smoothie any time of the year. I just close my eyes and ignore the fact that it’s just flat-out cold outside!
You can substitute pretty much any fruit you’d like. You don’t have to ‘just’ make a tropical papaya strawberry smoothie. Smoothies are not only good for you, they’re also a great way to use up leftover fruit or fruit that’s about to ‘turn’. You can also freeze them for later enjoyment, too. Just thaw slightly first.
Also try my shamrock shake.
Tropical Papaya Strawberry Smoothie
- ½ medium papaya peeled, seeded, and chopped
- ½ strawberries frozen
- ½ cup fat-free milk
- ½ cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 ice cubes or more
- Place two tall glasses in the freezer for at least 15 minutes. (optional)
- Place all but the ice into a blender and blend until creamy and smooth.
- Add in the ice cubes on at a time and blend until you reach the desired consistency.
- Divide mixture between the two chilled glasses and enjoy.
Nutritional values are approximate.