I have been loving making jerky. Like this whiskey pepper ground beef jerky on the Nesco Snackmaster Pro. I’ve been using ground top round for my ground beef jerky, but any lean ground meat will work. This whiskey pepper ground beef jerky has a really great peppery flavor, with a hint of whiskey. For me, the peppery flavor was a big hit. I could eat this jerky all day long (and did).
Make sure you rotate your trays every 2 hours or so when you make whiskey pepper ground beef jerky on the Nesco Snackmaster Pro. The bottom trays will not dry as quickly as those on top. Rotating the trays will give you nice, even drying and perfect jerky on every level.
Try these other great jerky flavors from Eastman Outdoors: spicy jalapeno, Cajun, mesquite, sweet habanero, and hickory.
Check out my guide to using the Nesco Snackmaster Pro. You will be making fantastic jerky at home in no time at all!
Whiskey Pepper Ground Beef Jerky on the Nesco Snackmaster Pro
- 2 pound lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons Eastman Outdoors Whiskey Jerky Seasoning heaping, see my note below
- 2 teaspoons curing salt Comes with the seasoning. Optional if you’re going to refrigerate the finished product
- 1/2 cup water
- Place beef in a resealable bag or container.
- In a small bowl whisk together the seasoning, curing salt and water. Pour over the meat and seal. Shake to coat.
- Refrigerate the meat for up to 8 hours, shaking or massaging every hour or so to get the marinade distributed and absorbed evenly.
- Remove meat from the marinade and add to a jerky gun. Squeeze out onto Nesco trays. Do not overlap meat.
- Add the dehydrator top, set to maximum temperature setting and dehydrate for 5 hours, rotating the trays (bottom to top) every 2 hours or so.
- To test for doneness remove a piece and let cool slightly. Try to bend the meat. If it gives and starts to tear at the bend it is done. If it bends without tearing return to the dehydrator and let it run another 15 minutes and test again. If the meat is crunchy it is overdone but still good. It’s really personal preference as to how you like your jerky. Soft, chewy, crunchy. There’s no wrong here.
- Let cool before storing in an airtight container.
Nutritional values are approximate.