Note: This recipe was developed using the Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-Less Fryer. If you are cooking using the Char-Broil Smoker-Roaster Grill you should cook with the lid open and the temperature set to High. You might also need to adjust the cooking time.
Wow! Talk about some great chicken! Perfectly crispy skin, covered in vinegar-mayonnaise BBQ sauce. Man, this white barbecue chicken that I made on the Char-Broil Big Easy came out great. We both loved it. It is definitely something different from the ‘usual’ roasted chicken. I opted for split bone-in chicken breasts, but you could use boneless breasts, legs, wings or even whole chicken.
You can certainly make your own white BBQ sauce, it’s pretty easy to do. I decided to use some of the bottle of Lillie’s Q Ivory sauce that I picked up at Jungle Jim’s outside of Cincinnati. The Ivory sauce is thick, but not too thick, and it’s not too mayonnaise-y or vinegar-y. We think it has the perfect balance of flavors, making it ideal for this white barbecue chicken on the Char-Broil Big Easy.
I’m a big fan of BBQ-style chicken on the Big Easy. Also check out my peach BBQ and Daddy’s BBQ recipes.
Love your Big Easy as much I love mine? Check out my Big Easy Add-Ons page and my free Big Easy eCookbook!
White Barbecue Chicken on the Char-Broil Big Easy
- 2 chicken breasts split bone-in, skin on or removed
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- White BBQ sauce I used Lillie’s Q Ivory which is just crazy good or you can make your own copycat of Big Bob Gibson’s Alabama White BBQ sauce
- Fire up your Big Easy.
- Very lightly brush the chicken with oil.
- Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Add breasts to the Big Easy cooking basket and place into the cooker. Cook until chicken hits 165 F.
- Remove from cooker and let cool for a few minutes then brush generously with the BBQ sauce.
- Serve with a small bowl of sauce on the side for dipping.
Nutritional values are approximate.