This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
Note: This recipe was developed using the Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-Less Fryer. If you are cooking using the Char-Broil Smoker-Roaster Grill you should cook with the lid open and the temperature set to High. You might also need to adjust the cooking time.
I’m not one to rename other folk’s recipes, so when I came across Daddy’s BBQ chicken I couldn’t call it something else even though it’s not my daddy’s BBQ chicken. If it was though, I’d say “Dad, that’s amazingly great chicken!”. Like any other poultry made on the Char-Broil Big Easy it’s tender, juicy and of course, there’s crispy crazy yummy skin. The marinade is the perfect combination of Worcestershire sauce and steak sauce with just a hint of citrus.
I would make Daddy’s BBQ chicken on my Char-Broil Big Easy again. And again. People might look at it first and expect a fairly simple chicken but that’s not what they’ll get. Packed with flavor it’s a nice change from your standard roasted chicken or chicken that has been covered in a traditional BBQ sauce.
Daddy’s BBQ Chicken on the Char-Broil Big Easy
- Place the chicken into a large resealable bag or container.
- Whisk together the lemon juice, Worcestershire, steak sauce and butter.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2-4 hours, turning the chicken every 30 minutes.
- When ready to cook, fire up your Big Easy.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and shake off any excess.
- Season the chicken liberally with salt and pepper and transfer to the Big Easy basket.
- Cook until the chicken measures 165 F as measured in several places, generally 20 minutes per pound.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutritional values are approximate.