I recently bought a big jar of Boscoli olive salad. I usually make my own olive salad, but everyone raves about Boscoli, so I thought I’d try it. It’s perfect for this pasta salad, and it’s a lot quicker than making your own olive salad. And by-the-way, Boscoli also makes a great dirty martini olive juice!
Pair this muffaletta pasta salad with a muffaletta flatbread pizza and you’ve got yourself a meal!
Muffaletta Pasta Salad
For the salad
- 12 ounces penne pasta
- 1 red onion minced
- 1 red bell pepper minced
- 1 pound mozzarella cheese cubed
- 1/2 pound cooked ham cubed
- 1/2 pound Genoa salami cubed
- 1 1/2 cups Boscoli Italian Olive Salad Mix
For the dressing
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Creole mustard
- 1-2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- Salt and Tabasco sauce to taste
- Cook the pasta per package instructions. Drain well and let cool.
- Combine pasta with onion, pepper, mozzarella, ham, salami, and olive salad in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mayo, mustard, Cajun seasoning and salt and hot sauce (to taste).
- Add dressing to pasta mixture. Stir well.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.