I’m always leery when someones says “This is the best in the world!”. We all have different tastes, so of course what you like might not be what I like. This perfect marinade for the grill is the exception. It is really great, and it can be modified to suit your tastes. Like a bit of heat? Add more cayenne. Like more savory? Add more spices and herbs. Like sweet? Add a tablespoon of honey.
This is a very versatile marinade that is perfect on all meats. It’s called the perfect marinade for the grill for a reason. My first time using it I had it on a thin T-bone steak that I quickly grilled to 145 F and then let rest for 10 minutes. It was perfectly tender and flavorful!
The Perfect Marinade for the Grill
- 4 tablespoons Tamari sauce or 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoons ground white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- Combine all ingredients. Adjust the seasonings to taste.
- Place meat in a resealable baggie or container. Add marinade.
- Marinade for at least 4 hours, turning the meat every hour.
- Shake off excess marinade before grilling.