I’ve been on a pasta and potato salad kick lately. The beauty of salads is that I can make them in the morning when it is still cool out. Then, there’s no additional work at dinner time. Perfect!I found the original recipe for this Italian pasta salad here. I made a few minor changes.
Also try my roasted red pepper pasta salad.
Italian Pasta Salad
- 1 pound dry pasta I used farfalle, but bow-tie would also work well
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms sliced
- 2/3 cup Kalamata olives pitted and sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper diced
- 1 cup balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing I used Paul Newman's
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Salt and pepper
- Cook pasta per package instructions. Drain well and let cool. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the tomatoes, mushrooms, olives and bell pepper to the pasta and fold to combine.
- Whisk together the salad dressing, mayo, and sugar. Add to the pasta mixture and fold to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper. You may have to add a bit more dressing the next morning after the salad sits in the fridge.