When I first saw these bacon biscuit pull-aparts on the Picky Palate, I thought, “These have to be illegal in most states. They look just too good.”. They have everything that is yummy in them: biscuits, cheese and bacon with warmed maple syrup on top. These biscuits are perfect for breakfast, or as a dinner side.
The result is soft, cheesy gooey yummyness. They were just as good left over (although I’m surprised there were any leftovers at all!).
- 5 slices thick-cut bacon (or 1/4th of a breakfast sausage roll)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- One tube biscuit dough
- 6 thin slices fresh mozzarella
- 1 cup Sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Real maple syrup, warmed (for serving)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cook bacon (or sausage) and let drain on a paper towel.
- Brush butter around the inside of a 9" cast iron skillet.
- Place biscuits in skillet. You'll want to pack them in much like dinner rolls.
- Top with mozzarella, the bacon (or sausage) and cheddar.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve topped with warm maple syrup.