The BBQ Pit Boys make some amazing food. They’ll grill anything, and no matter what it is, it’ll look great and taste great. Like these smoked or grilled Asian ribs. Go spend a few hours at their site and watch all of their videos. You’ll see what I mean.
I picked up a few racks of ribs the other day. I had been jonesin’ for Asian chicken wings, but since I had ribs, I had to take a slightly different route… And luckily for me, the BBQ Pit Boys already had a technique for grilled Asian ribs.
These ribs came out with a great Asian flavor, almost like Teriyaki. If you’re smoking them, go light on the smoke. You don’t want a strong wood to fight with the great Asian taste.
Smoked (Or Grilled) Asian Ribs
- 2 racks St. Louis-style ribs trimmed, membrane removed
For the marinade/basting sauce
- 1 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 cup oyster sauce
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Place the ribs in a large resealable baggie or container.
- Combine all of the marinade ingredients.
- Add all but 1 cup of the marinade.
- Seal and toss to coat.
- Marinade for 2 hours.
- Set up your smoker for cooking at 225 F.
- Smoke the ribs for about 6 hours, basting with the reserved marinade every 15 minutes during the last hour.
- Let rest before slicing.