My goodness, these chips are addicting. I came up with the idea while pondering what we were going to snack on during today’s Daytona 500 race. I remembered back to the awesome Cheddar Ranch Pork Rind Puffs I made recently, and suddenly it hit me to try the same basic approach on Fritos chips. And thus cheddar ranch Fritos were created!
Anita said that these chips (and the Southwestern Ranch dip i served with them) were some of the best things I’ve made. Like I said, the chips are mighty addicting. You’ve been warned! They have the perfect mix of cheddar and Ranch with that great Frito corn crunch and flavor.
Oh, and if you’d rather make these with Fritos Scoops, you’ll definitely want to increase the amount of seasoning.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine seasonings in a small bowl.
- Place chips into a large plastic bowl. Spray lightly with oil, gently stirring to get good coverage.
- While stirring the chips, slowly pour in the seasoning mix.
- Spread chip mixture out evenly onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Let cool completely before serving