Ever since getting a cooking rack for my Char-Broil Big Easy I’ve been making tons of dishes I would normally make on my grill or in the oven. Like these jalapeno poppers. In no time I can make a big batch of these little treats. Cream cheese, bacon, and jalapeno. The jalapenos get tamed down a lot while they cook, so don’t worry about them being super spicy. They’re very good, and my favorite part, you can taste that they are peppers but not have your mouth set on fire!
The bacon around the jalapeno poppers won’t get super crispy on the Char-Broil Big Easy, but it does come out cooked perfectly. Some folks like to secure the bacon using toothpicks, but I’ve found if you use pieces that are long enough they tend to secure themselves. If you do use toothpicks, soak them in water for 15 minutes first to help prevent them from burning.
For a slightly different take on the classic jalapeno popper, try making scorpion tails on your Big Easy.
The cooking rack is great on the Char-Broil Big Easy. You can read my thoughts on the rack here.
- 10 whole jalapenos
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, slightly softened
- 1/2 pound thin bacon
- Your favorite BBQ rub (optional)
- Cut the jalapenos in half lengthwise and remove the seeds and membranes.
- Spoon in enough cream cheese to fill the cavity.
- Wrap bacon around jalapenos. Depending on the size of your peppers, you may want to cut the bacon in half first.
- Season with BBQ rub.
- Fire up your Big Easy.
- Transfer jalapenos to the Big Easy cooking rack.
- Lower basket into the cooker and cook until the bacon is sizzling hot and the cream cheese is melted.
- Let cool slightly before serving.