Anita and I recently visited Scotty’s Brewhouse, in West Lafayette, Indiana. Before dinner we decided to try an appetizer, the 7 Tidals Buffalo chicken dip. One bite in and we both agreed that I had to make the same dip at home. My version is close, very close. And it’s crazy good. Not terribly hot or spicy, just right actually.
To match Scotty’s Buffalo chicken dip you’ll want to also add a few small crumbles of blue cheese to the cream cheese mixture. We found the dip to be fantastic without it. You can also substitute a blue cheese dressing for the Ranch for more blue cheese flavor. And for extra kick, add a few drops (ok, more than a few drops) of hot sauce to the Frank’s wing sauce.
Also try my Buffalo wing hummus.
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts 1 very large breast or 2 medium
- 1 12 ounce bottle Frank’s Hot Wing Sauce
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup Ranch dressing the better the dressing the better the dip will be
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup extra sharp shredded cheddar cheese
- Tortilla chips celery sticks, carrots, for serving
- Preheat your oven to 375.
- Spray a 9" x 9" baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add the chicken and poach until cooked, 10-15 minutes depending on how thick the chicken is.
- Remove and let cool slightly then shred with a fork.
- Transfer chicken to a large bowl and add the entire bottle of wing sauce. Stir to combine well.
- Pour the chicken into the baking dish and spread out evenly.
- Add the cream cheese and Ranch dressing to a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir until the cheese is melted, then whisk until smooth.
- Pour the cheese mixture over the chicken and spread out evenly.
- Sprinkle top with the celery.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle top with cheese and bake another 10 minutes until hot and bubbly.
- Remove and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.