One thing is guaranteed. Put a bean salad in front of me, and it’s going to disappear. For me, it doesn’t get any better or easier. The perfect contrast in textures and flavors. A little sweet. A little tang. There are hundreds of variations on bean salad, and I am pretty sure I’ve made and enjoyed them all. This tangy bean salad is no exception. Made in no time, but better after it gets happy in the fridge for a few hours first.
Like with any good ole bean salad you can change this tangy bean salad up to suit your tastes. I little slices fresh jalapeno is great if you like a little kick. Roasted red bell pepper instead of green bell pepper is also a nice change.
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans green and wax bean blend
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, sugar, and oil.
- Add the onion and bell pepper and mix.
- Rinse and drain the beans. Add to the bowl and toss to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper, cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.