Pimento cheese makes for a great grilled cheese sandwich. Pimento cheese loaded with roasted Hatch chiles makes for an outstanding grilled cheese sandwich. Or dip. Or burger topping. The cheese melts perfectly. And there’s just that slight green chile flavor. Not overpowering, not spicy. Just a really nice pepper flavor. I like that a lot.
If you can’t find Hatch chiles, you can substitute any mild green chile such as a poblano. Or in a pinch you can use canned green chiles. Our market sells 7 ounce cans of roasted green chiles that would work just fine as a substitute in this Hatch chile pimento cheese.
Hatch Chile Pimento Cheese
- 3 roasted Hatch chiles seeds and membranes removed
- 1 clove garlic smashed
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup or more mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack
- 1/2 cup shredded white cheddar if you can't find any just use more Monterey Jack
- Place all ingredients except for the cheese into a food processor and process for 10 seconds.
- Add the cheeses and pulse a few times until combined.