This is how chicken is meant to be. Apple juice brined chicken on the Char-Broil Big Easy is everything you could hope for. Sure, it’s packed with flavor. But it’s much more than tasty. It’s incredibly tender and juicy. You’ll actually gasp with your first bite. How can it be so good?
The soy sauce and garlic add just the right hint of Asian flavors to this apple juice brined chicken on the Char-Broil Big Easy. The brine takes care of everything else, keeping the meat perfect. I ended up cooking 12 split chicken breasts (in batches) that were marinated in this brine. The chicken is not just good as-is, but it also makes for fantastic chicken salad.Big Easy Add-Ons page and my free Big Easy eCookbook!
Apple Juice Brined Chicken on the Char-Broil Big Easy
- 6 pieces chicken
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- Place the chicken in a large baggie or resealable container.
- Whisk together the remaining ingredients and add to the chicken. Seal and shake to coat.
- Refrigerate for 1-3 hours.
- Fire up your Big Easy. Remove the chicken from the marinade and transfer to the Big Easy basket. Depending on the size of the chicken, you may have to cook them in batches or use a Big Easy bunk bed basket.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes per pound, or until the chicken reaches 165 F as measured in several places.