Ah, fried bologna sandwiches. Now, they aren’t something I eat every day, but when I do make them I do them up right. And that means brushing them with plenty of this hot bologna sauce. The sauce adds a bit of a tang, a bit of a sweetness, and a bit of heat. The perfect combination for a hot-off-the-grill or hot-out-of-the-skillet bologna slices. The beauty of this sauce is that you can really change it up by adding a different BBQ sauce depending on your mood.
I used my smokehouse BBQ sauce when I made this hot bologna sauce. I like the little bit of smokiness that it adds. This sauce is just as crazy good brushed onto grilled hot dogs or smoked sausages.
This sauce is great on my southern bologna burgers.
Hot Bologna Sauce
- 1 cup your favorite BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup prepared mustard
- 3/4 cup chili sauce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons your favorite hot sauce
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Whisk together all ingredients.
- Brush on bologna while grilling or frying. Also great on hot dogs and burgers!