Just finished off that great chicken you cooked on your Big Easy? Well, it’s time for dessert! Time to make Brazilian pineapple on the Char-Broil Big Easy! And man, oh man, what a delightful treat it is, too! Deliciously sweet pineapple, brushed with coconut milk and sprinkled with cinnamon-infused sugar. Roasted to perfection.
Brazilian pineapple on the Char-Broil Big Easy can be sliced and eaten as-is. Nothing else is required. But it’s even better topped with some cooling whipped cream or a scoop of ice cream. This dessert is so good that we made it twice in one week!
You start by cutting the ends and rind off of a pineapple. Do not remove the core! Then you remove the eyes in a spiral pattern. I never realized that the eyes grow at about a 45 degree angle on the sides of the pineapple. Just remove them using a sharp knife, creating a nice little ‘canyon’ to hold the coconut milk and cinnamon sugar.
I lined a bunk-bed basket with foil to make cleanup easier. Lowered it into the Big Easy and let it go until it started to brown, about 30 minutes. Your time may vary, and you may want your pineapple to be a bit more caramelized. Use your own judgement. I don’t think you can go wrong no matter what!
I let the pineapple rest a bit before I sliced it. It’s pretty darned hot right out of the Big Easy!
Also try my Bloomin’ apples, also made on the Big Easy!Love your Big Easy as much I love mine? Check out my Big Easy Add-Ons page and my free Big Easy eCookbook!
Brazilian Pineapple on the Char-Broil Big Easy
- 1 pineapple
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves optional
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- whipped cream for serving, if desired
- Twist off the crown of the pineapple and cut off the ends. Cut down the sides to remove the rind. Then, using a sharp knife, cut spiral cuts up the sides of the pineapple to remove the eyes.
- Place the sugar, cinnamon, and cloves in a bowl and stir to mix.
- Fire up your Big Easy.
- Brush the pineapple with the coconut milk. Dust heavily with the cinnamon sugar mix. Transfer to the Big Easy basket.
- Transfer basket to the Big Easy and roast until the pineapple starts to turn golden brown.
- Remove and let cool 10-15 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with whipped cream.