Wow. Who would’ve thought that fried carrot strips with Cajun mayonnaise dipping sauce would be sooooo good? I mean, really good! You have to make these. The carrots come out crunchy, almost like potato chips. All you need then is to dip them into a spicy cool sauce and life is good!
The fried carrots taste almost like sweet potatoes, actually. I could see cutting these into thin fries and having them come out fantastically crispy. The dipping sauce is also really good. It pairs up perfectly with the carrots.
Don’t be afraid to fry the carrots until they are very dark. They aren’t burnt. Any lighter and they will be soggy and soft – not a good combination for dipping!
Fried Carrot Strips
For the Cajun mayonnaise dipping sauce
For the carrots
- 6 carrots
- 4 cups vegetable oil
- Combine all of the dipping sauce ingredients and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven or deep-fryer to 350 F.
- Cut the carrots into 1/16″ thick strips lengthwise.
- Working in batches, fry the carrots until dark, about 10-20 seconds. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Serve with the dipping sauce.
Nutritional values are approximate.