Visit my other site, For The Wing, for all things chicken-wing!
This honey Cholula wing sauce is the perfect sauce for chicken wings. A little sweet, a little heat. As much as I like traditional Buffalo wing flavors, this is a welcome change. The hot sauce does not overwhelm, and that’s just what I was looking for.
Sure, you can use other hot sauces when you make honey Cholula wing sauce. I really like Cholula for the flavor and the amount of heat. It’s spicy, but not too spicy. It’s not screaming hot. I think it’s a great middle-of-the-road hot sauce and a pleasure to eat!
I absolutely love chicken wings, cooked any way, with any sauce (or without). I love them so much that I created a free eCookbook that is full of my favorite wing recipes.
Honey Cholula Wing Sauce
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup Cholula hot sauce or more your favorite hot sauce
- Place honey in a medium pot over medium heat.
- Add in butter and hot sauce. Heat until the butter is melted.
- Stir and pour over cooked chicken wings.
Nutritional values are approximate.