Visit my other site, For The Wing, for all things chicken-wing!
I love savory chicken wings. I love sweet chicken wings. And I love wings that are a bit spicy. For me that usually means not super spicy. Well, I made an exception to that rule with these Five-Alarm Buffalo wings. I’m not sure what possessed me to do it, but I woke up one morning and decided I was going to make the hottest wings I could stand so I did. And you know what? I was totally surprised by just how much I loved them!
If you want to tame back the heat on these five-alarm Buffalo wings just cut back on the habanero hot sauce. I went full-bore. Yeah, they were spicy and my eyes may have watered a bit but they were TASTY! Usually my argument against things super hot is that the spiciness hides the flavors. Not so on these wings. I’d make them again. And I’d have plenty of Ranch dressing around for dipping…
I absolutely love chicken wings, cooked any way, with any sauce (or without). I love them so much that I created a free eCookbook that is full of my favorite wing recipes.
Five-Alarm Buffalo Wings
For the Five-Alarm Buffalo sauce
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 cup Buffalo wing hot sauce
- 1/2 cup habanero hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- Place wings in a large resealable baggie or container.
- Add the oil, salt and pepper. Seal and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate for 1-4 hours.
- Toss wings with sauce before serving.
For the sauce
- Combine ingredients in a sauce pan over low heat. Keep warm until ready to use.
Nutritional values are approximate.