This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
Wow, these chorizo Sloppy Joes are good. I really liked them, but then, I was already a huge fan of Mexican chorizo. I used extra hot chorizo to really crank these up another notch. Use regular chorizo if you’re not into heat. It’s the wonderful flavor of the sausage that makes these special. The heat is an extra bonus.
These chorizo Sloppy Joes are a great twist on the classic Sloppy Joes I grew up on. I’ll never go back to those after having these, that’s for sure!
I love chorizo in darned near everything. If you feel the same way, you’ll also want to make my chorizo fried potatoes.
This recipe is based on a recipe from Our Krazzy Kitchen.
- Fire up your grill (or oven broiler) and roast the peppers (both the poblano and the red bell) until charred. Let cool slightly then remove the charred skins. Remove the seeds and stems and chop.
- Crumble the beef and chorizo into a large pot or Dutch oven and brown over medium high heat. Drain and remove the meat, reserving 1 tablespoon of the meat drippings in the pot.
- Add in the onions and saute until starting to soften, about 4 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook another 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Return the meat to the pot along with the remaining ingredients except the buns. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over lightly toasted hamburger buns. Enjoy!
Nutritional values are approximate.