This spicy sausage skillet dinner disappeared around here really fast. It was really good, and really kicked up.
Anita asked me to make this again before we were even done with the first serving.
Also try my rodeo breakfast skillet.
Spicy Sausage Skillet
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound smoked sausage cut into 1/4″ slices
- 2 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 10 ounces Rotel tomatoes I used hot, but regular is fine too
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces pasta penne or any ridged pasta
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese shredded, divided
- 1/3 cup green onions chopped
- Heat olive oil over medium high heat in a 12″ cast iron (or oven-proof) skillet. Add sausage and brown.
- Stir in the onion flakes, garlic powder, chicken broth, Rotel, cream, pasta, and Creole seasoning.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook until the pasta is tender.
- Stir in half of the cheese.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top and place under the broiler until melted.
- Serve garnished with the green onions.
Nutritional values are approximate.