You could always make these fantastic sweet potatoes in the oven, but if you have it full of food (such as a Thanksgiving turkey), just toss them on the grill like these grilled scallion sweet potatoes. I often cook sides on the grill, specially if I’m cooking them at a family get-together (you never know if there will be room in the oven when you get there!).
These are tasty and sweet, with a nice hit from the green onions. We really liked them.
Also try my bacon-wrapped Mexican potatoes.
Grilled Scallion Sweet Potatoes
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 bunch scallions cut into 2" pieces
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Place all ingredients into a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Pour onto a large sheet of aluminum foil. Fold up and close.
- Place over indirect heat on your grill and cook until the potatoes are soft, 20-25 minutes.
Nutritional values are approximate.