Anita proclaimed this to be the ‘best sandwich I’ve ever made’. It’s messy, has some kick and it very yummy. I wouldn’t change a thing about this Creole meatball sub sandwich next time I make it, which will be very soon!
My Creole meatballs pack a bit of a punch. I like that. A lot. They’re tender and just perfect on a Creole meatball sub sandwich, loaded with lots of my Creole meatball sauce and topped with cheese. Don’t skimp on the sauce. The sign of a good sandwich is one that drips when you pick it up and take a bite.
I make a big batch of the Creole meatballs and freeze a good number of them. They defrost in minutes and make for the perfect quick dinner.
Creole Meatball Sub Sandwich
This is one of the best sandwiches I’ve ever made. It’s messy, has some kick and it very yummy. I wouldn’t change a thing about this Creole meatball sub sandwich next time I make it, which will be very soon!
- 1 loaf French bread split lengthwise
- 12 or more Creole meatballs warmed
- 1 cup or more Creole meatball sauce warmed
- Mozzarella cheese shredded
- Lightly toast the bread in your oven.
- Add meatballs, top with sauce and cheese.
- Place under over broiler until the cheese is melted and starting to brown.
- Cut into 4-6″ slices and serve
Calories: 289kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 513mg | Potassium: 128mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 4mg
Nutritional values are approximate.