This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
This is the easiest, most fool-proof way I know of for cooking shrimp. Roasted black pepper shrimp come out tasting fantastic each and every time. You can serve them with cocktail sauce. Or, on sandwiches, like my very good roasted black pepper shrimp po boy. Or, just pop them in your mouth as-is!
It’s almost impossible to mess these shrimp up. Almost. Just be sure to not overcook the shrimp. Shrimp tell you when they are done by turning pink. It doesn’t get any easier than that!
Roasted Black Pepper Shrimp
- 3 pounds shrimp
- 1 stick butter
- 3 tablespoons garlic minced
- 4 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Rinse, drain and de-vein the shrimp. Place in a shallow baking pan.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan.
- Add the garlic and saute for 3-4 minutes. Pour over the shrimp and toss to coat.
- Pepper shrimp until very well covered. Do not be shy with the pepper! Use a heavy hand!
- Bake until pink, approximately 5 minutes, then turn and bake a few minutes longer. Remove from oven and pepper again.
Nutritional values are approximate.