This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
These macaroni-and-cheese muffins would be great for a family gathering. They’re easy to make and taste fantastically cheesy! You can make a big, huge batch of them in no time. It might keep Uncle Henry from snagging all of the mac-and-cheese out of a dish. It’s a lot more obvious that you’re hogging them all when you have to stack 10 of these little round morsels onto your plate.
Macaroni-and-cheese muffins are rather fun to eat too, just like my mac-and-cheese waffles. You can use your favorite mac-and-cheese recipe instead, if you like. Just watch the cook time because you might have to adjust it a bit.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Add pasta to a large pot of lightly salted boiling water and cook for 8 minutes.
- Drain and return to the pot.
- Add the butter and egg and stir until the butter is melted and the pasta is coated.
- Add the milk, 1 cup of the Mexican cheese and all of the Italian cheese and stir until the cheeses are melted.
- Spray a muffin pan with non-stick spray. Spoon in the pasta mixture.
- Top with the remaining Mexican cheese.
- In a small bowl combine 1/2 teaspoon of salt, the bread crumbs and olive oil.Sprinkle over the tops of pasta.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let rest for 5 minutes, letting the cheese set, before removing from the muffin tins to serve.
Nutritional values are approximate.