These macaroni-and-cheese muffins would be great for a family gathering. They’re easy to make and taste fantastically cheesy! You can make a big, huge batch of them in no time. It might keep Uncle Henry from snagging all of the mac-and-cheese out of a dish. It’s a lot more obvious that you’re hogging them all when you have to stack 10 of these little round morsels onto your plate.
Macaroni-and-cheese muffins are rather fun to eat too, just like my mac-and-cheese waffles. You can use your favorite mac-and-cheese recipe instead, if you like. Just watch the cook time because you might have to adjust it a bit.
These macaroni-and-cheese muffins would be great for a family gathering. They’re easy to make and taste fantastically cheesy! You can make a big, huge batch of them in no time.
- 2 cups elbow pasta
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt plus more for the pasta
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter softened
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 ½ cups sharp cheddar cheese shredded, divided
- 1 ½ cups Mozzarella cheese shredded
- ½ cup dry bread crumbs seasoned
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Add pasta to a large pot of lightly salted boiling water and cook for 8 minutes.
- Drain and return to the pot.
- Add the butter and egg and stir until the butter is melted and the pasta is coated.
- Add the milk, 1 cup of the Mexican cheese and all of the Italian cheese and stir until the cheeses are melted.
- Spray a muffin pan with non-stick spray. Spoon in the pasta mixture.
- Top with the remaining Mexican cheese.
- In a small bowl combine 1/2 teaspoon of salt, the bread crumbs and olive oil.Sprinkle over the tops of pasta.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let rest for 5 minutes, letting the cheese set, before removing from the muffin tins to serve.
Calories: 231kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 46mg | Sodium: 334mg | Potassium: 119mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 324IU | Calcium: 212mg | Iron: 1mg
Nutritional values are approximate.