I was jonesin’ for comfort food the other day, so I made some. It’s kind of hard to tell, but under that mound of gravy is a juicy, tender chicken breast. This paprika chicken with sour cream gravy has always been a favorite in our house! It’s not fru-fru but it’s definitely easy. And there are never any leftovers.Although the recipe for paprika chicken with sour cream gravy doesn’t call for it, I butterfly the chicken first. The chicken cooks more evenly when it is first butterflied.
Paprika Chicken with Sour Cream Gravy
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 4 chicken breasts boneless skinless, trimmed
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 10 1/2 ounce cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 cup green onions plus a little more for garnish, sliced
- 8 ounces sour cream
- Combine the seasonings in a large resealable baggie.
- Add chicken breasts, one at a time, to the baggie, seal, and shake to coat.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over high heat.
- Add chicken breasts and brown on each side, about 4 minutes per.
- Add soup and green onions. Reduce heat to medium..
- Cover and cook 10 minutes
- Remove chicken to a plate.
- Add the sour cream and whisk until well combined and heated through.
- Add the chicken back in and heat through.
- Serve garnished with more green onions.
Nutritional values are approximate.