Having a baked potato for dinner is like having breakfast for dinner. It’s something I always look forward to. But for some reason, I feel mischievous having one. It’s like I’m breaking the rules. These easy chili cheese baked potatoes made me feel like I was breaking a lot of rules.I think my addiction to baked potatoes really got started in college, at a great dive in Fayetteville, Arkansas, called Hogs Breath Eatery. That’s where I would get a huge loaded baked potato for just a few bucks. My favorites were the Terlingua and The Works. Also, their variation of these easy chili cheese baked potatoes.
Easy Chili Cheese Baked Potatoes
- 3 large Russet potatoes baked. see The Best Baked Potato
- 3 tablespoons butter
- kosher salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 15 ounce chili warmed
- 1 handful shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 dollops sour cream
- 1 green onion chopped
- Split potatoes open and add one tablespoon of butter to each.Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add chili, cheese, and sour cream and top with green onions.
Nutritional values are approximate.