This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
These grilled and baked pimento cheese-stuffed potatoes were almost too pretty to eat. But they sure where delicious, and definitely something a little different. I don’t know why the thought of stuffing potatoes with pimento cheese never occurred to me before. It’s certainly way, way better than just plain old shredded cheddar cheese that’s for sure! It’s amazing how just a few ingredients, usually ones I have on-hand, can make a plain-ole plain-ole potato something magical. That’s why I love baked potatoes so much. They’re like a blank canvas just waiting for me to add my own touches.
You can also bake these pimento cheese-stuffed potatoes in the oven at 350 F instead of finishing them on the grill. I follow my always-go-to method for making the best baked potatoes in the oven when cooking them indoors. They have the perfectly crunchy skin with tender, moist insides every single time. You can’t beat them! The key is to not wrap them in foil. Let them ‘breath’. You want them baked, not steamed. And you want them to cook to 210 F. Yep, you can give them the ‘poke test’ too, but 210 F is the guaranteed perfect temperature.
This recipe was inspired by a recipe from Nibble Me This.
Grilled and Baked Pimento Cheese-Stuffed Potatoes
- Bake potatoes (see The Best Baked Potato). Let cool slightly.
- Cut top 1/4th off each potato. Using a melonballer or spoon, scrape the potato pulp from both the inside of the potato and the top piece into a large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix. Use a fork to break up and smash any large potato pieces.
- Spoon mixture back into the potatoes.
- Place on a grill over indirect heat (or in a preheated oven) at around 350 F for 20-30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and lightly golden.
Nutritional values are approximate.