Anita’s a huge fan of pimento cheese (she makes a pimento cheese salad for sandwiches), so when I ran across this recipe for pimento cheeseburger topping from Annie’s Recipes, I snapped it up and made it the next time we grilled burgers.
The pimento cheese stays together. It doesn’t just up and run down your burger and onto your plate or into your lap. Every bite you take you get that wonderful cheesy flavor with just a little bit of a kick from the hot sauce. It’s much better than just tossing a slice of cheese on your burger, that’s for sure.
I grew a few pimentos in our (small) garden this year. I can’t wait to harvest them and use them for making this pimento cheeseburger topping again.
Pimento Cheeseburger Topping
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon pimentos jarred, diced
- 1 tablespoon white onion freshly grated
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- hot sauce optional
- kosher salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Combine the cheese, mayonnaise, pimentos, onion and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add hot sauce, salt and pepper to taste and mix.
Nutritional values are approximate.