This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
These crazy-good Hot Mess Cheeseburgers remind me a bit of one our favorites, pimento cheeseburgers. This kicked-up version comes from Chris over at Nibble Me This, a fantastic blog to follow. I highly recommend you pay Chris a visit.
I used a mix of whatever cheeses I had on hand to make Hot Mess cheeseburgers. You don’t have to get picky. No matter what you use these burgers will turn out fantastic. Lots of cheese, and a little heat.
I recently discovered McClure’s pickles, and they are just fantastic. You see some of their pickle spears in the pic. The spicy varieties have a really nice heat to them. They taste fresh, and homemade. Oh, and you have to try their dill pickle relish. It is unlike that mass-produced relish. Once you’ve had it, you’ll never go back, that’s for sure.
Hot Mess Cheeseburger
For the burgers
- Fire up your grill for direct cooking.
- Salt and pepper the beef and place the patties onto the grill.
- Meanwhile, stir together all of the cheese mix ingredients.
- Flip burgers once the first side has pretty grill marks.
- When the patties are just about done (about 15 degrees below where you want them), top with the cheese mix. Remove patties once the meat is done and the cheese is all ooey gooey.
- Toast buns as desired.
- Serve burgers topped with tomato, lettuce, onion, ketchup, mayo and mustard with a cold pickle spear on the side.
Nutritional values are approximate.