Since our kitchen is being remodeled, we prepare all of our meals on the grill. But that doesn’t mean we have to have hot dogs and hamburgers every night!
We love these hobo packets. Now, to be true to the name, you need to make them in foil pouches, but I made such a big batch I would’ve ended up with 14 packets! Instead I used a large aluminum pan.
These hobo packets taste just as good if not better the day after you’ve made them. You can use whatever you have on hand – add squash, carrots, anything! And make sure to get plenty of the delicious broth from the bottom of the pan in each and every bite!
- 1 pound smoked sausage cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 medium potatoes cut into 1/2″ cubes
- 1 medium green cabbage cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 large sweet onion cut into chunks
- 1 medium green pepper chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper chopped
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins or breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 medium tomatoes cut into wedges
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 15 ounce Italian salad dressing Marzetti Sweet Italian Dressing
- Kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- Set up a grill for indirect cooking.
- Tear of 4 large sheets of aluminum foil (or use a large foil pan).
- Combine all but the seasoning and dressing in a large bowl.
- Add the seasoning, dressing and salt and pepper and stir to coat.
- Divide between the packets or pour into the pan. Seal packets (or cover the pan with foil).
- Cook over indirect heat for 45 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
Nutritional values are approximate.