Oyster crackers are a favorite snack in our household. No, not right out of the bag. Those are rather boring. No, we flavor them up! They’re easy to make, inexpensive, and there are a lot of ways to flavor them. And they’re crunchy. Good-n-crunchy. And since we both like a little kick, spicy oyster crackers are a recurring favorite.
These spicy oyster crackers have a lot of kick. You might want to tone it back a bit if you’re taking a batch to co-workers! Or not. Just put a sign by the bowl that says ‘spicy’. I think that frees you from any legal responsibility, right?
Also try my Sriracha oyster crackers and my mini Churros, also made with oyster crackers.
Spicy Oyster Crackers
Oyster crackers are a favorite snack in our household. No, not right out of the bag. Those are rather boring. No, we flavor them up!
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 tablespoon dried red pepper flake
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
- ½ teaspoon granulated onion
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley crumbled
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme crumbled
- ½ teaspoon dried dill crumbled
- 16 ounce oyster crackers
- Preheat your oven to 300 F.
- Combine all ingredients except for the crackers in a large bowl.
- Add in the crackers and toss to coat well.
- Line a large baking sheet (or two) with parchment paper.
- Pour the cracker mixture onto the baking sheets and spread out evenly.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Stir and flip and bake another 10 minutes or longer until golden brown.
- Let cool before serving. The crackers will crisp up more once cooled.
Calories: 356kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 669mg | Potassium: 126mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 584IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 3mg
Nutritional values are approximate.