This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
The glaze on this zesty grilled ham steak is easy to throw together. It combines the sweetness of brown sugar, the tartness of lemon, and the kick of horseradish. It makes for a great side for breakfast-for-dinner.
This glaze would be great on other pork dishes… such as grilled pork loin or tenderloin. You could also brush the glaze onto bacon just before it’s done baking in the oven.
I love cooking up breakfast on the grill, even if it’s just a side dish or an ingredient I’ll use as part of a bigger dish, like my smoked crumbled breakfast sausage.
My pepper onion beer sauce makes for a great topping for ham!
Zesty Ham Steak
- Fire up a grill for medium-heat cooking.
- In a small sauce pan, combine the brown sugar, horseradish, lemon, and Cajun seasoning (if desired). Stir. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to a simmer. Stir, and continue simmering until thickened. Remove from heat.
- Place the ham steak over the medium heat on the grill. Brush with the glaze.
- Grill for about 5 minutes, then rotate to get those great grill marks. Add more glaze and cook another 5 minutes.
- Flip, glaze, and cook another 10 or so minutes. Add more glaze just before removing.
Nutritional values are approximate.