A simple, easy-to-make salad that tastes just like a Caesar salad. This Caesar pasta salad is the perfect cool side for something hot off the grill. It’s a nice change from ‘just’ a green salad. And even though it’s a pasta salad, it still feels light.
I suggest adding just half the lemon to this salad, then tasting to see if you need to add more. The lemon does add a freshness so you don’t want to leave it out completely. Any ole pasta will do, but I prefer to use a variety that ‘grabs’ onto the dressing and toppings.
I highly recommend that you shred or grate your own cheese at home. Don’t buy the pre-shredded or pre-grated stuff. It has stuff added to it to keep it from sticking together. That ‘stuff’ affects how the cheese melts. Shred it yourself and use the good stuff.
Also try my Italian pasta salad and my Brussels Sprouts Caesar salad.
Caesar Pasta Salad
- ½ pound Rotini pasta
- ½ cup Caesar salad dressing creamy style
- ½ lemon juiced and zested (or less, to taste)
- 3 tablespoons parsley chopped
- ¼ cup Parmesan grated
- ground black pepper
- 1 cup croutons
- 1 can black olives sliced, drained
- Cook pasta per package instructions. Drain well.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dressing, lemon zest and juice, parsley, and cheese. Season with fresh ground black pepper, to taste.
- Add the pasta and toss to coat.
- Serve topped with croutons and olives, or you can mix them into the salad.
Nutritional values are approximate.