This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
There’s no need to always get all fancy with a burger. Sometimes you just need a little sauce on top. Like this one. Ooey gooey with some kick. Keep some chips on hand in case some of the cheesy goodness drips off these queso burgers. Ok, not in case. It will drip. There’s no stopping it.
The cheese sauce is good on everything, from hot dogs to nachos, to mac-and-cheese. Make a double batch of it. Use half for these queso burgers. Use the other half for dipping warmed tortilla chips. Lunch is ready!
I like to use a burger press when I make burgers. It, in combination with some patty papers, enables me to crank out a whole bunch of equally-sized burger patties in no time at all with little cleanup.
If you have a smoker you’ll want to try smoking your burger patties instead of grilling them.
- 1 pound Velveeta cheese cut into 1/2" cubes
- 1 10 ounce Ro*Tel diced tomatoes and chiles
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef
- 6 hamburger buns
- Combine the cheese and tomatoes in a microwave safe bowl and microwave 4-5 minutes, stirring often, until melted. Alternatively, you can place the ingredients into a sauce pan over medium heat and melt the cheese, stirring often.
- Form beef into patties. Grill burgers as desired.
- Toast the buns on the grill, if desired.
- Serve burgers topped with plenty of the cheese sauce.
Nutritional values are approximate.